I'm sitting in the "Internet Cafe" at an automobile dealership, waiting for repairs on my minivan to be completed. This is just one of the many reasons why I miss having a husband. So I think today I'll make a list of those reasons.
1. I miss having a husband to deal with vehicle repairs. It would be great to have one who could do those repairs himself, but even just one who would be willing to deal with the service people would be great!
2. I miss having a husband when I am cold. A warm body to cuddle up against would be nice, and somewhere warm to put my cold feet when I go to bed at night would be wonderful!
3. I miss having a husband when two or more of my kids need to be in two or more different places at the same time. I still haven't learned the art of cloning myself. :-)
4. I miss having a husband when something exciting happens and I want to share it with someone who cares. Yes, I can tell my girlfriends, but I would love to have someone whose life is so interwoven with mine that my joys are his joys.
5. I miss having a husband when I am stressed. Husbands are great for stress-relief. I especially miss backrubs.
6. Along those same lines, I miss having a husband now, when my back is itchy from the dry weather. If only I had someone to apply lotion to my back, or even just to scratch my itches for me!
7. I miss being married at church and concerts and plays and even at restaurants. It's very difficult to look around and see so many happy couples. Sitting behind a lucky woman whose husband has his arm around her at an event is sometimes almost physically painful for me.
8. I miss having a husband when my friends are not getting along with their husbands. I want to tell them, "Hey, at least you HAVE a husband, even if he is behaving like a jerk at the moment!" Okay, sometimes I DO tell them that, LOL!
9. I miss having a husband when my teen-aged son, who is bigger than I am, allows his testosterone to get the best of him and speaks to me disrespectfully. I sometimes imagine what it would be like to have a husband to tell him, "That is my wife and you will NOT speak to her like that!"
10. I miss having a husband at the holidays. Yes, it is stressful to figure out what to give the love of my life as a gift, but you know what? I would give almost anything for that type of stress right now!
I don't want to end on a downer, so I will leave you with this thought. If you have a husband, stop and thank the Lord for him. Then go give him a hug and let him know how grateful you are for him. As for me, I think when my van is finished, I will go treat myself to an ice cream cone, since I don't have a husband to tell me that it's crazy to eat ice cream in this weather! :-)