Thursday, March 31, 2011

Battle of the Sexes: Who Holds the Cards?

I had an interesting conversation with a divorced male friend of mine tonight.  Part of the conversation was about who determines the pace and direction of a relationship.

My friend said that women hold all the cards.  His point was that because it's so much about the physical with men, and women are the ones who determine how fast and how far that goes, women hold all the cards. 

I disagree, I think.  It seems to me that because a relationship will never even get off the ground unless the man decides he is interested in a woman (for physical reasons, more often than not - I will give him that much), men hold all the cards.

So who does hold the cards?  Is it the man or the woman who determines where a relationship will go and how fast it will get there? 

What do you think?

No comments: