Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Doors

I have been asking God to show me a way out of a certain situation for a while now.  Recently, He seemed to be doing just that.  I saw a door ahead of me, and I thought maybe this was the way I had asked for.  The door was a bit scary, though, because I couldn't see what might be on the other side of it, and it was only open the tiniest crack, so I approached it with some trepidation.  Before I got the whole way to  it, it slammed shut. 
    
So here I am, still wondering what God is doing and why He hasn't shown me the way out. 
    
One thought that keeps trying to sneak in, but I am not certain if it is from God or from my own faulty human logic, is that maybe, just maybe, God is telling me that I am not supposed to leave this situation.  Maybe He wants me to stay in it, until I have accomplished something or learned something.  Maybe, just maybe, the lesson I need to learn is to be content while I wait on Him to take care of this situation.
  
If only I knew!

No comments: