Friday, October 15, 2010

Another Ending

I started dating someone a few months ago.  It was a long distance relationship, so much of our "dating" was done by phone. 

Tonight that relationship ended.

So now I am back in recovery mode. Sigh.  Sometimes it seems like I will always be in recovery from one relationship or another.  Sometimes it seems like all my relationships with the opposite sex are doomed to end, especially since I don't seem to know how to do relationships with men anymore.

Maybe I just need more time.  Or maybe I need lessons on dating. 

Honestly, I have come to realize lately that I enjoy my own company and the company of my children just fine.  I don't really need a man in my life.  Sometimes, though, I am lonely for male companionship.  The perspective men offer on life can be interesting and eye-opening, so I hate to shut off that possibility entirely.

I guess I really haven't.  One of my best friends is a guy who lives 4 or 5 hours away.  He is great to talk to, but he is too far away to hang out with.  I think I need a local friend like that, one who understands what I've been through, what it's like to be a single parent, and who is only interested in friendship, who can hang out with me occasionally.  I wonder if such a man exists?

No comments: